- RED MINI PLUM VARIETY
- OUTSTANDING FLAVOUR AND HIGH SUGAR CONTENT
- CRACKING RESISTANCE AND EXCELLENT SHELF LIFE
- EXCELLENT YIELD POTENTIAL
- HIGH RESISTANCE TO COMMON LEAF DISEASES
Ruby is a vigorous, indeterminate Mini plum tomato variety especially suited for production under protection, but experience showed that Ruby can be grown successfully in the open field. Yield potential is very good with good adaptability. Ruby is the preferred choice of leading retail stores due to the excellent flavour. Ruby’s fruit is unlikely to crack and weigh approximately 18 g with a very good shelf life. Ruby has the ability to set fruit under cool conditions and has high resistance to Fusarium wilt races 1 and 2 (Fol: 1 – 2), Tomato mosaic virus (ToMV: 0-2), Leaf mold races A – E (Ff: A-E), Grey leaf spot (Ss) and intermediate resistance to Tomato yellow leaf curl (TYLCV).
SPECIAL VARIETAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ruby may be grown open field when properly trellised