- IDEAL FOR OPEN FIELD PRODUCTION
- BRIGHT RED, BLOCKY FRUIT
- EXCELLENT YIELD POTENTIAL
- RESISTANCE AGAINST BACTERIAL LEAF SPOT, CUCUMBER MOSAIC VIRUS AND PHYTOPHTHORA
Momentum* is a widely adapted, hybrid blocky pepper for production in the open field. Momentum* yields fruit of outstanding quality in the open field. The fruit is uniformly blocky, approximately 10 x 10 cm and ripen to a uniform bright red that is suitable for pre-packing and bulk packaging. Fruit set is concentrated, resulting in high first pick yields. Momentum* has resistance against Bacterial spot race 1, 2 and 3 (Xcv 22.214.171.124), Cucumber mosaic virus, Tobacco Mosaic virus and intermediate resistance to Phytophthora, Tobacco etch virus, Potato virus Y1.2. The yield is good throughout a long growing season.
SPECIAL VARIETAL REQUIREMENTS
- Momentum* is a medium compact plant. We, therefore, suggest that plants are trellised for open field production
- As fruit set is concentrated, we suggest that flowers of the 1st and 2nd bottom splits are removed