- EXCELLENT INTERNAL QUALITY
- EXCELLENT BRIX AND FLAVOUR
- AVERAGE FRUIT WEIGHT 3 – 5 KG
- VERY HIGH YIELD POTENTIAL
Don Quixote is a Piel de Sapo type melon. It is adapted to a wide range of growing conditions. It is very productive, with attractive fruit and has excellent internal quality with tolerance to glassiness and excellent storage ability. Don Quixote has a very high sugar content and unbeatable flavour with Brix levels of up to 18 %. It gives a very large fruit of 3 – 5 kg. Don Quixote has high resistance to Melon necrotic spot virus (MNSV) and Fusarium wilt races 0-2 (Fom: 0-2) and intermediate resistance to Powdery mildew [(Gc: 1) (ex Ec) & (Px: 1, 2, 5) (ex Sf)].
SPECIAL VARIETAL REQUIREMENTS
- Plant population of 6000 to 8000 plants per hectare
- Contact area representative for the correct time to harvest