- Seamless Waterproofing Membrane System for Water Bearing Positive Side Masonry Surfaces
- Bonding & Keying Agent
- Additive to Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat
- Suitable for Brick, Mortar, Screed, Concrete; Cement and Pool Plasters
Coprox Cobond is an easy-to-use co-polymer latex liquid designed for use on its own or together with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing or Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat.
When mixed with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing, Coprox Cobond is a seamless waterproofing membrane system suitable for waterproofing water bearing positive side masonry surfaces, which are subject to moderate expansion and contraction. These include balconies, copings and the abutments of slabs and walls. It is also ideal for the waterproofing and rejuvenation of pitted and stained swimming pools, ponds, reservoirs and water features.
Adding Coprox Cobond to Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat helps minimize crazing and cracking when Coprox Waterproof Dualcoat is used as a trowel-on application.
Used on its own, Coprox Cobond is a general purpose bonding and keying agent.
Coprox Cobond has excellent adhesion properties on dense and smooth surfaces and is suitable for commercial and domestic applications.
- Sufficiently aged and cured virgin mortar, screed, concrete and cement or pool plasters of recognised building mix standards.
- Good quality virgin cement and clay bricks.
If in any doubt as to surface suitability, do a test area first.
- Do not apply to exterior surfaces if rain is imminent, in humid conditions, during high winds or freezing temperatures.
- Ensure the surfaces are free of any negative moisture. Should this not be the case, the surfaces must first be treated with Coprox Masonry Waterproofing or if necessary, plastered with Coprox Waterproof Cement Additive added to the plaster mix, before proceeding with the application. This applies equally to swimming pools, ponds, reservoirs and water features where high water tables may be present. Surfaces such as boundary and retaining walls must also be treated in this manner before the application commences.
- Remove any efflorescence whilst dry using a stiff bristle scrubbing brush.
- Where the application is being used for swimming pools, ponds, reservoirs and water features:
Remove algae and oils with a scrubbing brush using:
- 1 part of hydrochloric acid to 20 parts of water for the entire surface.
- 1 part of hydrochloric acid to 10 parts of water for the water line and steps.
- Neutralize the acid washed surfaces with copious amounts of water.
- Mop up the neutralized acid wash.
4. Remove dust, dirt and all other foreign matter.
5. Surfaces must be completely dry and free of any moisture before application commences.
- Decant 5 litres of Coprox Cobond into a clean plastic container and stir thoroughly.
- Sprinkle 5 kg of the desired colour Coprox Masonry Waterproofing slowly into the 5 litres of Coprox Cobond preferably stirring with a mechanical mixing device until smooth and free of lumps. Use immediately.
- Stir the solution frequently throughout the application.
- Apply the first coat to the dry surfaces using a suitable brush. Brush strokes should be applied in one direction to a thickness not exceeding 1,5 mm.
- Thoroughly cover depressions, fine cracks and pinholes.
- When bridging joints or abutments of slabs and walls, the application should cover the joint by at least 75 mm on either side.
- Ideally, the second coat should be applied as soon as the first coat is touch dry, approximately 30 minutes. If the second coat can only be applied later, ensure that the first coat is completely dry and free of any moisture before the second coat is applied.
- Apply the second coat at right angles to the first coat, again to a thickness not exceeding 1,5 mm.
- Keep the application protected from rain.
- Allow the application to dry for at least 48 hours before use.
Coverage: 6 m² per coat (approx.)
1 litre Coprox Cobond:1 kg Coprox Masonry Waterproofing
Filling Swimming Pools, Ponds, Reservoirs & Water Features
To minimize foaming when filling swimming pools, ponds, reservoirs and water features for the first time:
- Thoroughly hose down the surfaces several times with generous amounts of water 48 hours or more after the application has been completed.
- Mop up the foamy water.
- Proceed with the filling of clean water.
Should any foam still be present after filling, the foam will dissipate with filtering or with changes of clean water.