Penn-Plax Cascade 170 Fully Submersible Internal Filter – Provides Physical and Biological Filtration for Freshwater Aquariums, Nano Tanks, and Terrariums
- QUIET & EFFICIENT: The Cascade 170 Submersible Filter quietly delivers crystal clear water throughout the aquarium. This filter cycles water at 45 Gallons per Hour (GPH) for tanks up to 10 Gallons in size. It’s great for Freshwater and Nano aquariums, along with a variety of Terrarium setups
- ACCOMMODATING: The adjustable flow switch allows for increased or decreased water flow at will, which is extremely helpful during feeding times, or use it as needed. The directional flow nozzle allows for additional tank customization and convenience. Furthermore, the filter utilizes 4 suction cups, allowing for both vertical and horizontal mounting positions
- FULLY SUBMERSIBLE: The Cascade 170 comes with a small, internal Bio-Sponge that optimizes colonization of anaerobic bacteria, along with providing mechanical filtration that traps large particulate matter
- SMALL SPACE, STILL CUSTOMIZABLE: Access to the Cascade 170’s Bio-Sponge can be a bit tricky, but don’t be afraid to pull the filter apart. Although we only offer replacement sponges (Model #: CIF4FI), the internal media chamber can be customized with other filter media to meet your tank’s needs
- VENTURI AERATION: The Cascade 170 features Venturi Aeration, which provides your tank with filtered, oxygenated water. This feature eliminates the need for an air pump. Instead of two separate units, this filter combines both functions: simply connect the Air Tube and Air Muffler to the Flow Nozzle, and follow the included instructions. Please fully submerge and fill filter with water before turning on.